My Pool Builder left me with crappy water...

ChunkyGuacamole

Jun 26, 2022
Alafaya, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I paid for water to be trucked in. And I had to complain a WHOLE LOT to get them to add chemicals to get it up to Wetedge specs.

They provided a "promo tech" for the first 6 weeks... I have cameras about the property and I observed the "promo tech" using test strips and on more than one occasion I had to call the pool builder because they were not brushing the pool. The kid barely brushed the sun shelf, took a picture, then left. During the first 4 weeks, I did not see them add anything other than chlorine tablets in the feeder, and then at the 30 day mark, they poured in the salt and then left.

On a whim at 4 weeks, I decided to test the water and found that the TA and CA were very low, TA 50 and CA 160. I contacted the pool builder and complained (very vocally) that my pool was not being cared for according to the Wetedge specs. They sent me the "pool reports" from the "promo tech" that showed all the chems were in spec... I sent them Leslies pool test results and my own test results that show that everything IS NOT OK. I also sent them screenshots from my cameras showing the "promo tech" using a test strip.

I don't feel bad at all about complaining very vocally either, cause its taken them 14 months to get my pool filled and my screen enclosure and patio cover aren't even done, and they still owe me 3 water bowls and several punch list items. So yeah, I am a very squeaky wheel at this point.

I caught the pool boy at the house while he was servicing the pool and asked him to add calcium cause it was low and he said "I don't even carry that in the truck, i think they are supposed to do that"... are you kidding me?

They finally sent out their own tech who tested the water and said yeah, TA and CA are very low. And I said, you have to fix this because I am not going to inherit your problem.

So over the past couple days the pool builder's tech has been coming and adding chems to get the water chemistry right.

And so today, I am officially taking over the water chemistry and things still aren't perfect, but I am done dealing with the pool builder's BS... if you want things done right you have to do them yourself.

To anyone with a new pool... don't trust your pool builder, they are just trying to finish your job and get paid. Don't trust the pool company they send out, cause they are just hiring teenagers who don't give a s*!t about your pool.

I'm thankful for TFP and all the knowledge that is shared here freely and in good nature. Here's to all of you and thanks for all of the help in advance!

I didn't realize getting a pool built was gonna be such a PITA, but here's to hoping it gets better from here on...

Last edited:
Reactions: aussieta
As they say, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Nobody else will care about your very expensive pool the way you do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.