my Polaris 360 goes to far corner of pool and gets stuck there - should I go Robotic?

CountyBumkin

Bronze Supporter
Apr 3, 2016
Orlando FL
My current cleaner, a Polaris 360, just goes straight across the pool from its wall connection to the far corner where it gets stuck in the corner of the pool wall and sun shelf. I've tried setting the water jet nozzle located on it's rear end at different angles and directions - but this cleaner just loves being in the corner. It has a reversing water jet mechanism attached to the hose about a foot from the cleaner body which seems to help, so after some time in the corner it will back up and get out of the corner, but then 15 minutes later its back in the corner again. It does not want to spend any time in the deep end.
I'm ready to give up on it.

I've tried several pool cleaners (suction and pressure side) and they all seem to break after a year or two.

So, now I'm considering getting a Robot cleaner (the Dolphin M500 is highly rated). Maybe a smart cleaner will do what it's supposed to.
But at $1500 I'm hoping it will last longer than 2 years.
What do you think?

I think all pool cleaners live in a harsh environment and need periodic maintenance.

A rebuild kit for your Polaris 360 will probably get it moving around the corners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.