AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
How do these numbers look? Was going to get some calcium chloride to increase ch but live in Gilbert AZ so the calcium in water here will raise ch on auto fill too.
Can I use this product? How much should I add? Thank you.

Clorox Pool&Spa Calcium Increaser for Swimming Pools, 4 lb Bag Clorox Pool&Spa Calcium Increaser for Swimming Pools, 4 lb Bag - Walmart.com

SC 3400
FC 8.5
CC 1
TC 9.5
CH 200
TA 70
CYA 50
PH 7.5

Do not add calcium. Your CH level will double over the summer.

The CC of 1 is concerning. Have you added any pool store potions?

Let the pH ride in the upper 7's. When it gets above 8, only lower it to 7.6.

Do not add calcium. Your CH level will double over the summer.

The CC of 1 is concerning. Have you added any pool store potions?

Let the pH ride in the upper 7's. When it gets above 8, only lower it to 7.6.
Thanks. No pool store chemicals used, never.
My CC is generally 0 and I didn't know how to test for .5; used one drop and today was first time any CC showed up so I calculated at 1.
The only difference is that it was heavily used yesterday (more people in pool) . Should I add one gallon bleach and circulate, then test again?

I also had to lower the swg from 35% to 25% bc the SC was getting too high leaving it at 35%I'll take a look at the video thank you!
Other than the CC which I may have overestimated bc I used one drop; do other numbers look ok? Appreciate the help!

If you used a 10ml sample of pool water for the FCand CC tests, each drop of the R-0003 counts as 0.5
If you used one drop of R-0003 and the water turned clear, your CC is 0.5

With a SWG, consider raising your CYA to 70.
Use the FC/CYA Levels to determine FC target for your CYA level. Target the high end of the FC range.

That's great. My CC is 0.5 then.

Thank you for clarifying that. I used 10 ml. And will work on raising that CYA.
If I'm having guests over the weekend, and expecting heavy pool use again, should I pre-treat with bleach or turn SWG back to 35%?
This is my first summer with SWG, so still learning. So far, though, much, much easier/better than using chlorine. Thank you!

I'd pre-dose using liquid chlorine.
Why fiddle with the SWG settings (and possible forget to reset it)?

Don't chase the FC using the SWG - set it to stay on the high side of target for your CYA. If you notice that the FC is falling, up the pecentage a little. With temps rising in the valley, it's best to keep a close eye on your FC levels. Having the FC rise above target (and at/below SLAM level for your CYA) isn't a big deal. Letting the FC fail to minimum (or less :eek: ) is a bad thing.

Reactions: Poolzer
Quick update.
Pool is back to it's norm. Zero CC today!
FC is 12; but temps are going to be very hot this weekend and will have company using pool starting next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.