My last 2 questions for the season

Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
I went in to brush the walls and bottom today and I noticed just one green spot the size of a dime on the floor. I got it with my toe and it disappeared. Could it be anything else besides algae ? . 2 weeks ago I had several spots that were the same thing. I never had green or cloudy water. Just the spots. I even tested water and had no cc’s. My water chemistry is all in ideal levels. Could it be something else besides algae ?
My last question is about closing. I read the sticky but I’m still unsure of chlorine level. I’m going to do a thorough brushing and vacuuming. Than raise the pool to slam level. Should I than cover it with the water at the slam level or wait for the fc to drop to normal range ? Thanks for all the help all season guys. Sadly the season is ending shortly

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I cover pretty much @ slam level.
The only reason to let it lower to 50% of slam is if u plan to use polyquat (as high fc breaks it down).
the fc & the polyquat will last longer if you’re water is cold 60 or below & u stand a better chance of opening to a clear pool.
The largest factor is water temperature - you want it mid to lower 60’s or below when u close & when u open
I also peek & take a sample throughout the winter to be sure my chlorine is still existent.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.