My first pool

KDee

Jul 7, 2021
Southern CA
Bought a house with a pool even though I didn't want a pool, but couldn't pass up the house, so here I am! The pool was pretty neglected so we are in the process of redoing it although busy season is causing a lot delays. My co-owners know a little about pools as they had one in a prior house so we are learning together. I am here to see what questions I should be asking of our pool builder and what mistakes to avoid, as well as seeing all your beautiful pools for ideas! Once that is done (and paid for $$$), I'm looking to see how I can cut out the cost of having a pool guy because I will be broke! :p

Welcome to TFP

There is all sorts of pool related discussions around here. This place is a wealth of knowledge.

Caring for your own pool is easier than it seems. Here at TFP you won’t get advice to use expensive pool chemicals with questionable results and nothing can bet TFPC in terms of low cost.

You probably should start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

BTW, if you find the prospect of adding liquid chlorine daily (it takes less than 5min) too much you could discuss with your pool builder converting to salt water and adding a SWG.

Reactions: KDee