My brand new Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Vacuum is making my pool dirty. Help!

Jun 9, 2014
Wakefield MA
Hi Everyone. New to this forum. I recently bought the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Vacuum. I have used it twice in my inground pool and both times it is spitting up dirt through the machine and making my pool very cloudy. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this from continuing to happen every time I put the vacuum in the pool?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: kananias
Assuming the filter is installed correctly, my guess it's the fine particles that is making the pool cloudy. Keep your pool pump running while the Dolphin is running so you pool filter can do it's job and hopefully this issue will go away.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I am using whatever it came with....?
So I just got off the phone with someone from Maytronics. I was using the regular ones it came with. I was told I need to order the Ultra Fine Filter Replacements. This is what I am about to order: Amazon.com : Fil-fresh Robotic Pool Cleaner Filter Compatible with Dolphin m400, m500, Nautilus CC Plus, 4-Pack Ultra-Fine Filter Replacement 9991432-R4 : Garden & Outdoor
Can anyone confirm if this should help with my issue? Thanks again everyone!!

So I just got off the phone with someone from Maytronics. I was using the regular ones it came with. I was told I need to order the Ultra Fine Filter Replacements. This is what I am about to order: Amazon.com : Fil-fresh Robotic Pool Cleaner Filter Compatible with Dolphin m400, m500, Nautilus CC Plus, 4-Pack Ultra-Fine Filter Replacement 9991432-R4 : Garden & Outdoor
Can anyone confirm if this should help with my issue? Thanks again everyone!!
It’s weird that you didn’t get those with the nautilus. Mine came with both sets. I find the first type that you have to be mostly useless and have only used them about three times… just to confirm to myself that they aren’t particularly useful. They are supposed to be for large debris, but the pleated ones seem to work on that as well. Those are what you need for sure and will prevent it from blowing dirt straight out.

It’s weird that you didn’t get those with the nautilus. Mine came with both sets. I find the first type that you have to be mostly useless and have only used them about three times… just to confirm to myself that they aren’t particularly useful. They are supposed to be for large debris, but the pleated ones seem to work on that as well. Those are what you need for sure and will prevent it from blowing dirt straight out.
Yes, mine came with both sets of filters as well. Are you sure there wasn't a blue drawstring bag with 4 pleated filters inside?

Reactions: Orion7319
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.