My adventure with my IG spa jets and Venturi nozzles

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
It had been awhile, like years, since all the jets in my IG spa bubbled consistently and I thought I would get to the bottom of it (pun intended). I had always wondered how this thing worked. After digging around on the forum I found that the Venturi chambers are behind each spa jet and the air intakes are all connected to that single gurgling air pipe in the flower bed a few feet away. What I didn't realize, until talking to an old pool installer is that the nozzles can be removed! All the procedures I had read talk about blowing things out with a shop vac but none of them mention taking the Venturi nozzles out in case there is an obstruction in the orifice itself. So I did.. The Venturi nozzles either twist and lock in with a 1/4 turn or screw in like mine. It took some fussing with different size sockets and a looooong extension. I used a 11/16 socket and they weren't very tight, finger tight and they came right out... all but one. The one that was missing! And I found one nozzle clogged with something that looked like an old piece of PVC. Years ago I remember the kids coming to me with this PVC tube thingy they found that obviously came from the pool, but I had no idea what it was. Now I know and the missing nozzle is long gone.

I found a replacement at an old school pool supply store that had one in the back. I'm guessing mine was from an older Waterways Venturi Tee, because nothing on the internet quite matched. Now that there is a functioning Venturi nozzle on each spa return I have bubbles from all my jets. And the gurgling pipe in my flower bed is moving air like a jet engine.

20190626_105229[1].jpg20190626_110650[1].jpg20190627_163349[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
This issue has been covered many times on the forum so I am surprised that you did not find it in a search. Did you post a question and no one knew the answer or did not answer?

Anyway, I am glad you found the solution on your own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.