My above ground pool after 11 years

Jun 18, 2010
Mississipppi
I dont post here much, but thought I would toss these photos out and see what you all think.

My doughboy pool is 11 years old and its rusted around the bottom very badly.

I see the liner coming through the wall in some spots.

I am wondering if this is THE LAST summer I can use it or was last summer the last one?

How far have you seen these rust and still be usable?

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_230307324.jpg
    PXL_20210428_230307324.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20210428_230259062.jpg
    PXL_20210428_230259062.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 62
I’m going to call that a disaster waiting to happen. There are a few members here who experienced a pool collapse... it could damage people and property. I would not risk it.

That pool is done. If it were mine, it'd be on the back of my truck going to the scrap yard.

You have over 50 TONS of water in that pool, in fact close to 70 tons.

If that breaks loose, at the least it is going to be a landscape nightmare for you and possibly your neighbors

More likely, there will also be damage to either outbuildings or your home. You can kiss that deck you have around it goodbye.

Worst case scenario - someone is in or around the pool when it happens, and they will get seriously hurt.

The ability for a pool to hold that much water is dependent on a uniform, continuous, smooth surface. The stress is equally spread across the structure,

At points of flexure, corners, or sharp edges, the local stress rises. You have a LOT of localized stress on that pool.

Short answer, drain it now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.