Mustard Algae - Struggling to find source

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
I've had an ongoing battle between me and the ol' mustard.
Last mustard slam was about 2 weeks ago which went well, so I thought.
I let all the pool toys stay in over night and all. I don't think it's coming from the pool toys.

We live on the river which we all splash and swim in occasionally. Obviously there's algae in that water, so I don't let the kids go into the pool without changing suits.
Just today it dawned on me that I have a 100' garden hose running from our filtered well water pump, along the side of the house, then underneath some decking and ultimately ending up in our pool storage area by the pool. Is it at all possible that this hose could be the source of my never ending algae battles?

WOW.. I did not think you ran it that high.. I have no idea how to help I was just wondering... it is just crazzy it is growing easily in 13 FC...

I struggled with mustard algae a few years ago and finally determined that it was coming from my solar (bubble) cover. Changed it out and back to perfect water. I'm guessing that being in Florida you probably don't have one, but anything that contacts the pool water regularly is suspect!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.