Mustard Algae? Dead Algae? I need help!!

After isolating the filter from the pool do I open the drain plug on the filter and allow the water to drain before taking the multi port valve off to start the deep clean?
You use a hose and wash down into the sand with overflow out of the top of the filter. You must be careful to not damage the laterals. You do not drain or remove the drain plug.

You use a hose and wash down into the sand with overflow out of the top of the filter. You must be careful to not damage the laterals. You do not drain or remove the drain plug.
WOW! The stuff that came out of there! I can already tell the difference with how the pool is filtering!

I appreciate this forum so much! Never again will I trust pool store advice! Thank you!!!

Reactions: mknauss
I appreciate this forum so much! Never again will I trust pool store advice! Thank you!!!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

• Love
Reactions: clambert1273
WOW! The stuff that came out of there! I can already tell the difference with how the pool is filtering!

I had the same reaction when I did a deep clean of my filter as well yesterday! "HOLY COW" I had so many particulates that were floating in suspension inside of the pool, and figured the filter wasn't working as well as it should. Here's what I was seeing in the pool, and what came out of my filter when I deep cleaned it. Year before last, I had an algae problem, and I followed the pool store recommendations as well, vacuuming to waste what was recirculated, and then settled on the floor. This year, I wasn't sure why my water was so cloudy. I did a drain and refill yesterday, and the water looks great! I've now decided that at the beginning of the season, it might be prudent to clean the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.