Muriatic Acid Vs "Green" Muriatic Acid

Jul 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I went to Lowes's to buy Muriatic Acid and they sell both "Green" and regular Muriatic Acid. They were out of the regular which is all that I have been using so I bought some of the "Green" and used it in my pool. What is the difference and which one is better for a pool. I like the low fume of the "Green".

The Green is normally about half strength. So you can use it, be sure to adjust to the right strength in PoolMath. It costs about twice per effective amount of acid, but up to you.

Google the brand. They have to have a MSDS for the product. It will state its concentration. Normally 20% or 14.5% vs the full strength 31.45%

Yep. I just discovered this myself. Headed back to the home store to exchange "green" for regular. It's the same price, but no details on the label. Live and learn. Plus, there is no 20% option in Pool Math, so using this would feel like a step backward toward the guessing game.

TFP Rookie schooling in the house of really-not-so-hard knocks.... :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.