Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So the MA I've been using came from our pool consultant from the wholesale pool supply. It's 31% but we can't get it anymore because it's wholesale. I went to get some from Lowe's yesterday and when I opened it I saw it was yellow instead of clear. Then I looked and saw it was only 14%. I couldn't believe how much more it needed. But it also didn't have the strong fumes the other did. So I'm wondering if I need to find the 31% or is the 14% OK? Is there an advantage to one over the other besides amounts? If I do need to get the 31%, where should I look for it? I'm trying to get my TA down so I'm going to need a lot more of the 14%.

The 14% is the 31.45% diluted with water. Cost and amount is the difference.
Home Depot carries 31.45% MA in the garden section in our Bullhead City store. I would check there.
I believe you also have HASA dealers in the Phoenix area. They sell liquid chlorine and MA in refillable bottles. 4 to a case.

Reactions: Nikilyn
The 14% is the 31.45% diluted with water. Cost and amount is the difference.
Home Depot carries 31.45% MA in the garden section in our Bullhead City store. I would check there.
I believe you also have HASA dealers in the Phoenix area. They sell liquid chlorine and MA in refillable bottles. 4 to a case.
Closest one is in Eloy. Not an option.

Closest one is in Eloy. Not an option.
That is the manufacturing plant.
Not sure where in Gilbert you are... but.... Go to A&M Corsons on McQueen and Warner. They have a 4 pack of 31.45% MA. You can also get a 4 pack of 12.5% chlorine there (which you may only need in winter as you have a SWG).

Reactions: Nikilyn
Lowes DOES have the acid you are looking for... it is out in the pool section and contains 2X 1 gallon jugs in the box.
Myself and the paint tech at Lowes went nuts looking for the acid that they were showing in stock. That is where we found it.

Lowes DOES have the acid you are looking for... it is out in the pool section and contains 2X 1 gallon jugs in the box.
Myself and the paint tech at Lowes went nuts looking for the acid that they were showing in stock. That is where we found it.
I bought it at Lowe’s yesterday and it was only 14%. I looked to make sure I wasn’t missing something else but didn’t see anything it what I got.

EDITED: I just looked it up on their website and it’s out of stock near me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.