Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Just in case you were doubting the strength/danger of your acid 😀. Picked up a resupply of acid from Home Depot. I think the boxes got rained on because all the boxes were crumbled and most of the jugs were stand alone zip tied together to sell as packs. Picked the 4 best looking jugs and home we went. Set them in my “storage” area out of sun in between a storage chest and closet shed. Came home today and noticed some discoloration on the cement in storage area. Got closer and saw one of the jugs had leaked about a quarter out. Had an old pool brush sitting next to the jugs. Below is the result.

IMG_0971.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case you were doubting the strength/danger of your acid 😀. Picked up a resupply of acid from Home Depot. I think the boxes got rained on because all the boxes were crumbled and most of the jugs were stand alone zip tied together to sell as packs. Picked the 4 best looking jugs and home we went. Set them in my “storage” area out of sun in between a storage chest and closet shed. Came home today and noticed some discoloration on the cement in storage area. Got closer and saw one of the jugs had leaked about a quarter out. Had an old pool brush sitting next to the jugs. Below is the result.

View attachment 494998
gah!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

In the jugs defense there’s usually a picture. That definitely could have been worse if it had mixed with something. Have you checked your vehicle where it was sitting? May be a good idea….
IMG_6332.png

I think the bigger story here is that it was a pool brush nearby, and thankfully not chlorine that would go BOOM when it reacted with the MA.

'It wasn't leaking when I put it down' a.k.a famous last words.

Good job keeping the pool chems seperate @Uhhello !!!

Reactions: Mdragger88
In the jugs defense there’s usually a picture. That definitely could have been worse if it had mixed with something. Have you checked your vehicle where it was sitting? May be a good idea….
View attachment 495060
I'm pretty positive the jug was "placed" onto the brush when setting them down in the "certified" storage area. Either made the tiny pin hole leak worse or somehow the temperature difference helped the brush/plastic wear.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I won’t buy MA in cardboard boxes from the box stores. I only get mine as 4-up refillable gallons in a plastic safety carrier. Even if the bottles leaked, the MA would stay contained. A leaking bottle of MA can cause serious damage to metals and concrete

I'm pretty positive the jug was "placed" onto the brush when setting them down in the "certified" storage area. Either made the tiny pin hole leak worse or somehow the temperature difference helped the brush/plastic wear.
Hope so, I would hate for you to go out in the morning & find a hole 🕳️ in your floor board! I had some leaky bleach jugs & didn’t realize it until the next day. I thought they were going to ruin my fancy all weather cargo mat - luckily it all washed right off. My car smelled like a hospital for a while though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Why? Its got about 15 ozs left. I have nowhere else to put it.

You don’t want it accidentally floating over to a wall and hanging out there. It could cause plaster damage or discoloration. If you can secure it to the deep end in front of a return then that’s fine. But if it floats over a shallow step, you could get a bad acid wash.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.