Muriatic acid ineffective.

MA is one of the few things I'll buy at the pool store. They have 29% the majority of the time and 31.45% occasionally at the same price. The big box stores around me in Las Vegas only have the 14% in the pool section. I have seen the Kleen Strip or whatever its called in the paint section aisles, but I couldn't find the percentage strength so I went and got the 14% outside with the pool stuff. And that's only if the pool store is out.

Not fussy where I buy it, but I usually find it's cheaper in Oz to buy the concentrated product. Having said that, I also don't enjoy the fumes. So I bought a 15L drum which I used up. Once it was empty, rather than return it for the deposit, I kept it and use that as my storage and just buy a 5L jug of 32% and tip that into the drum, then I top up the drum with water. 1/3 dilution, gets it below the concentration where it fumes. Then it doesn't really matter if I store it in the metal shed regardless of the venting of the cap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.