Multiport may be broken but unsure

Some background - Same stats as in signature. Pool bought and installed in 2015. 2016 I had to replace the filter because it had a crack in it. Last year I replaced the multiport as it was cracked at one of the joints (I believe it was the return).

This year, everything seemed to be going great on the opening except that I was having the same issue that I had last year with cloudy water. None of the equipment has changed since I closed the pool. Two days in a row after I vacuumed for my SLAM, I noticed that after I turned off the pump, disconnected my hoses and them continued to filter, the return looked dirty and silty for a few moments. I immediately shut off the pump, and backwashed and rinsed both times this happened. Today though I noticed something even more unusual. After the rinse when I filtered the water and turned on the pump, there was some residual pressure at the waste gate and I was losing water out of the pool now.

This all leads me to think I have a broken multiport. Do I try to open it to see if it's fixable, or do I just spend the 90 bucks on a multiport? What could possible make it worthy of time and money to fix? Was so disappointed today.

You should inspect the spider gasket under the multiport for any wear and tear or flat spots and relube it if all is ok. Cheaper than a whole multiport if that's the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.