LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The multiport valve handle won't turn on our Doughboy Media Master sand filter. I have already taken it apart. The spider gasket appears to be in good shape and I lubed the gasket and "shaft" that the handle is connected to. Here's a stock pic of the item:
1622557445635.png The valve rotor flat plate does not appear to be damaged nor does the "shaft". Am I right in thinking the bottom part that touches the spider gasket is the problem? I'm considering replacing the rotor but it's at least $60 and I don't want to spend the money if that's not the problem. Or should I first just replace the spider gasket and hope that's the problem (it sure is cheaper than getting a new rotor).
This is a spare. I did something dumb to the one already on the filter and can't move that one either (I know why that one doesn't move). But I want to put this one on so I can still run the pump and filter while I repair the first one.

Any one out there have any ideas to try (Doughboy owners with a similar problem that you were able to fix)? There is nothing out there on the web for Doughboy. (I'm lucky to even find the stock pic)
Thanks for your suggestions.

We took it apart, relubed the gasket and then only hand tightened the bolts instead of using the wrench and screwdriver. That seemed to be the trick. We probably over tightened the bolts. :hammer:
Now to fix the other one. :whip:

full

Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.