Multiple leaks at pump plumbing.

K-Tanz

Apr 18, 2018
Phoenix/AZ
Hey every one! I am lookng for some advice regarding multiple leaks in the above ground plumbing connecting to my sand filter system. It is leaking at what I think is called the "buttress thread", basically the very top cover to the sand filter assembly. When the filter is going water seeps around from the junction of the cap and the filter body. The cap is brand new, replaced professionally less than a year ago. I am going to call them regarding this to fix their work, but if it's a really easy fix I'd just as soon do it myself.
20180710_210208.jpg

Then I have some leaking at what o think is a jet diverter valve? Looks like a ball valve, like so...
20180710_210315.jpg
20180710_210230.jpg

Then it appears to be leaking at a valve which I really have no idea the function of. This is more of a slow seep, seems to be coming from the junction where the male slides into the female end.
20180710_210308.jpg20180710_210257.jpg

How difficult should all of this be to do myself? I am considering having the repair company who initially did that top cap fitting out to repair their work, should I just have then out to knock all of this out or are these repairs fairly straightforward? I'm fairly mechanically inclined and am always looking to save some cash.

Thanks so much for all the help!

Normally replacing valves/fittings isn't too terribly difficult. A little time consuming sure. Patience, along with some spare parts, is key as you measure, cut, fumble, and glue everything back together. What we generally recommend is to look everything over very closely before you quickly replace something as it was before. You might find a better way to route the plumbing. For example using union fittings more to remove/separate parts without having to cut the PVC later. Things like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.