Multi port valve Problem????

Beerfloater

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2020
North Carolina
Ok so I am 8 days into SLAM I have another thread all about that in the pool start up and shutdown section. Today I came out to check chlorine levels etc... I have lots of foam and bubbles on the surface and notices tiny bubbles coming out of the returns, so I immediately thought air bubbles..... go to my filter and pressure was actually about a pound or so lower than it is normally. Noticed there is no water movement at n the sight glass. Back washed and there was flow in the glass. Rinsed and had flow. Turned back to filter and no flow. So I’m thinking maybe something with the multi port valve? Please help gotta get this filter working!!

Attachments

• 7B0071BF-5266-411B-B351-A48FCB8869F2.jpeg
    7B0071BF-5266-411B-B351-A48FCB8869F2.jpeg
    680 KB · Views: 8
Foam & bubbles on the surface is usually indicative of bleach that was splashless, scented, or Clorox brand. Is that possible?

As for the tiny bubbles out of the returns and lower psi on the filter, that sounds like a suction side air leak. How is your water level at the skimmer? Should be at least halfway up the skimmer. Valves all still open to allow water to the pump? Nothing blocking flow to the pump? Pump prime okay (full)? When changing MPV settings, are you turning the pump OFF first before changing positions?

Using same pool essential brand chlorine that I have since the beginning. Pool water level good. I did have to prime pump after back wash. Yes I always turn the pump off before touching the multi port valve. Valves open. Good flow through the pump but air pressure is a pound lower than normal on filter and no water flow through site glass on filter cycle.

Perhaps I worded my question wrong. Since I cant remember if I could see flow before. Should I see water flow through the site glass during normal filter cycle?

No. You only see water in sight glass during backwash.

Reactions: Beerfloater
Ok sorry for the false alarm.... :eek: I am a D.A.:brickwall:nothing wrong with the filter. Working fine. I don’t know why I thought I was supposed to see flow through the sight glass during filter cycle. Havebrushed the pool and vacuumed and pressure went up. I backwashes and everything is good. Sorry for wasting your time Texas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.