Mud in pool- no vacuum setup on pump

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
Hi All:

my dog dog in his infinite wisdom got a bunch of mud in the pool. It looks like poo. Mud settling on the bottom.

Unfortunately, we do not have plumbing to hook up a vacuum. I have read other posts and they all talk about a vacuum... probably because it is the best route.

Since I don’t have that option, are there other suggestions? I have brushed the mud/particles to the drain. Running the pump. My hope is that the bottom drain will pick it up along with the skimmer.

any other thoughts are appreciated!

In addition to th einlet at the bottom of the skimmer, they make something called a vacuum plate. I prefer this method, as all of the debris gets collected in your skimmer basket, making it easier to clean after. Plus I like the idea of 2 baskets between the debris and the pump, as opposed to 1.

Depending on you rplumbiong, you might want to adjust your plumbing while vacuuming. For example, I have 2 skimmers and 1 floor main drain. WHen I vacuum, I want maximum suction, so I close the valve for the main drain, as well as the valve for the other skimmer. This creates a lot of suction in the vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.