Much rain. What would you do?

just run a hose out to the St.
It is funny how the regulations are. That isn't allowed here. I was told specifically that I could not drain to the stormwater culvert that is on the West side of my house. The inspection went fine with my hose hooked up to drain into the yard, which then washes across my neighbor's yard and into the same culvert 60yds away.

It is funny how the regulations are. That isn't allowed here. I was told specifically that I could not drain to the stormwater culvert that is on the West side of my house. The inspection went fine with my hose hooked up to drain into the yard, which then washes across my neighbor's yard and into the same culvert 60yds away.
We have that rule too. At one time it was loosely enforced by the County. Then people got the bright idea of running it down their sewer cleanout. That is expensive for the County because all sewer water has to be treated. Now you get fined for running it into the sanitary sewer, but they rarely say anything about running it into the street. Still not supposed to, but in many places there is no other choice.

The rain has stopped here, but this twist on the thread makes me want to gather a sample of water at the NE side of my neighbor's yard where my pool water discharge, along with all of the other run-off, running through lots of organic matter ends up going into the stormwater system. Curious how my pool discharge mixing with everything else will test out for chlorine and salt.

Rain here finally stopped and clear skies are forecast for about a week. I've got mine draining right now. It never crested the coping but it was 1/2 way up the 2" stone. Regular running level is around 6" below that.

Rain hasn't stopped yet today, but I'm glad I got that window of opportunity yesterday. I'm almost positive it would have hit the coping last night if I wouldn't have drained some off. I think we'll get a break in the rain later today. I might try to pump more, but thankfully, tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I'll get to take care of it then if I don't get to it today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.