Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I just added salt to my pool. In the past we had a salt that was little flat crystals that practically dissolved as soon as they hit the water. The Morton's pool salt that we got from Home Depot had very large crystals that sank to the bottom of the pool. In case I have to add some more, what's your best salt recommendation this year?

Never let me down.
That's what I use now as well. While I've never had any issues with Morton water softener pellets, I spend more time brushing the larger pellets around waiting for them to dissolve. I like the smaller sizes of the solar salt and believe they are a bit more pure in nature.

Reactions: PoolStored
When I first started my SWG in late 2021 I purchased Morton's "Professionals Choice" salt from Home Depot and it was great, very finely ground and dissolved almost as quickly as it hit the water.
Fast forward last fall when I needed to add more salt I purchased the same product, and it was very course, pretty similar to the "rock salt" sold for Ice Cream machines and it indeed took considerably more brushing to get it dissolved. I did not have any issue with contaminates as was related in the horror story linked above.

When I first started my SWG in late 2021 I purchased Morton's "Professionals Choice" salt from Home Depot and it was great, very finely ground and dissolved almost as quickly as it hit the water.
Fast forward last fall when I needed to add more salt I purchased the same product, and it was very course, pretty similar to the "rock salt" sold for Ice Cream machines and it indeed took considerably more brushing to get it dissolved. I did not have any issue with contaminates as was related in the horror story linked above.
That's exactly my experience, and "rock salt" is a great description.

Does Morton salt still have 'quality control issues' , should I just go with a Diamond Crystal? Have to dump in 400 lbs.
Compare
Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals Water Softener Salt Crystal 40 lbDiamond Crystal Solar Naturals Water Softener Salt Crystal 40 lb
wishlist Image

Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.