Monument vs Doughboy for semi inground

RAbionicmom

Apr 9, 2020
Central NJ
Hello I am looking to purchase an above ground pool that will be semi inground, I have been told that the wilbar monument is the best to be installed in the ground but they don't have them in 52in. Other dealers have told me that the dough not is the best to go semi inground and it comes in 54in as I would like. The Doug boy is more than the monument but in comes in 54in my hesitation is that I have read and several people have told me that its will not last as long as the monument pool. I would love feedback thank you

First thing is How much is 'Semi' in the ground? A few inches, or all the way to the top rail?

If you look around the forum you won't see many issues with the Doughboy pools, so I'm not sure where "They're" getting their info.

I've seen where people have buried every brand of pool including Intex and haven't heard of problems from them doing so.

I don't think I'd hesitate to bury a Doughboy pool if they have the size you want.

P.S. Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Reactions: RAbionicmom
First thing is How much is 'Semi' in the ground? A few inches, or all the way to the top rail?

If you look around the forum you won't see many issues with the Doughboy pools, so I'm not sure where "They're" getting their info.

I've seen where people have buried every brand of pool including Intex and haven't heard of problems from them doing so.

I don't think I'd hesitate to bury a Doughboy pool if they have the size you want.

P.S. Welcome to TFP. :wave:
Thank you very much for your reply. So it looks like we are either going to go with the 24 round or 21 round because the oval 16x24 that my husband really wanted is just too much. The quote they gave me is as follows: 24 round pool $ 4238, liner $ 742, install $1300 , filter package $1739 and the digging my husband found a cheaper person to do that. The installer charges $1000 a foot which would be $2000 for 2 feet and $1000 per dumpster which could be 2. So for that portion of the job my husband will work with his friend who has a dumpster business. My husband is an Electrician so he is going to do the electrical. All in all it's pricey and we are still shopping around but they are the only place who offer the 54 inch.

That doesn't sound too bad to me. I priced out a semi install (22 inches in ground) and everything came to 13,600 for a 24 foot round Wilbar Optimum. That is the only pool in my area that I could find that could be semi installed. No one around me sells Doughboys, but I'd have no problem putting one of those in the ground. I've seen quite a few threads on here with doughboys semi installed, and one that's almost completely inground. Best of luck to you on your new pool!

Reactions: RAbionicmom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.