Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Here we go.
Well, we got our first monsoon action last night in the Valley of the Sun.
Didn't look like we got a lot of the wet stuff but...
Lot's of junk in the skimmer baskets and some in the pump bowl basket.
But the good news is - at least a bunch of palm tree fronds and my lounger chairs weren't laying on the bottom of the pool this morning. :p
Did anyone experience anything worse last night?
Hope not
r.

Sunday afternoon we got more than 2" of rain in less than 1/2 hour. Beyond that I can't say because the pool was overflowing. I had at least 3/4" of water on top of my deck pavers. Even for West Central Florida that is a flood! In nearby Clearwater eight people were injured in a lighting strike on the beach.

We got very little rain (at least in my vicinity) but high winds. That combination only serves to make a mess of everything.

CombatVet13
Right. Same in Chandler. It's great to get a good soaking with a storm and not just DUST and DIRT. :p
Hey, btw, thanks very much for your combat service brother. That is something else we have in common besides a swimming pool in the desert. :mrgreen:
Take care...
r.

Reactions: CombatVet13
Yes indeed! It’s still raining this morning ???? Loving it. Thank you for your service as well brother ✊?✊???
Bruce.
Absolutely. Got up and opened up all the doors and windows for the first time in a couple of months. ? Still open at 8:00 am. Looking at the weather though, looks like we only have a "one day" reprieve and then it's back to nearly 110. :(
Take care!
r.

Reactions: CombatVet13
It's been like a cow peeing on a flat rock here on two separate occasions here in Tucson in the last two days, and I still only have a dirt hole where a pool should be.... I have to wait until morning to see how much more eroded...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's been like a cow peeing on a flat rock here on two separate occasions here in Tucson in the last two days, and I still only have a dirt hole where a pool should be.... I have to wait until morning to see how much more eroded...
... And y'all lied about the "dry heat" part when I was interviewing here, too... :)
Fred
Yea, sorry about that one. I would laugh, but I understand that its been a royal pain for you with the pool and yard unfinished, so I won't.
You know all about that law of nature called "Murphy" right? I think it is in full effect down there in Tucson right now.
Hopefully, no more rain for you but we are in the ole "Monsoon time" right now.

"Let there be sunshine over Fred's house"!!
Take care...
r.

... And y'all lied about the "dry heat" part when I was interviewing here, too... :)
I lived in Phoenix for 10 years. I now live in New Jersey where it can get humid. I’d take 90 in Phoenix over 80 here any day! Give it a few years. For me, by year 4 it wasn’t “too hot” until 105.

I lived in Phoenix for 10 years. I now live in New Jersey where it can get humid. I’d take 90 in Phoenix over 80 here any day! Give it a few years. For me, by year 4 it wasn’t “too hot” until 105.
Well.... I lived in the Midwest forever until 2 years ago. It's nicely dry here, except for monsoons. Right now, it's 95F where I am working with a Dewpoint of 61F. That's not dry by any stretch of the imagination. I've been dying for the last couple of weeks because I've been working in a swamp cooled building.... But yeah, in the Midwest the RH is always 90% except in the coldest parts of the winter...usually 85F there is hotter than 105F here is. But not the last three weeks...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.