Moles in pool...

Jun 1, 2017
Plymouth, MN
This is likely not the right spot, but its left field so here is as good as any where. I just fished the second mole out of my pool this summer. The pool itself is still a bit of a swamp. I've been remodeling the house the pool belongs to and made a few passes at the pool. The best I got was a milky white and then got too busy to go further. I was told it was a sand bottom pool and I'm a bit worried they dug up into the pool. Thoughts? Do moles just go running across a yard and fall in a pool?

This is likely not the right spot, but its left field so here is as good as any where. I just fished the second mole out of my pool this summer. The pool itself is still a bit of a swamp. I've been remodeling the house the pool belongs to and made a few passes at the pool. The best I got was a milky white and then got too busy to go further. I was told it was a sand bottom pool and I'm a bit worried they dug up into the pool. Thoughts? Do moles just go running across a yard and fall in a pool?

Pictures? I'm curious, but don't have any tips, IF they were digging into it, I'd think the pool would be "leaking" (losing water?)

Pictures? I'm curious, but don't have any tips, IF they were digging into it, I'd think the pool would be "leaking" (losing water?)
I buried the last one, but I'll be sure to snap a pic if there is another. Just your run of the mill waterlogged rodent. There seems to be a cat in the area that likes to leave presents in the yard, but usually it's bits scattered around. Perhaps​ it chased them in. Still a bit odd. I've not seen a lot of evidence of moles in the yard otherwise and I pity the mole that tries to dig in the clay/rock mix that is my yard.

James W I have terminated 2 moles
last Oct. by flooding them out with a garden hose ! It took 1 hr filling all the tracks around pool ! But they left tracks in pool liner . Lucky I got them because they can dig 100 ft in one day I ended up buying 6 mole chaser
and place them around the pool so far so good but they are still out there outside the perimeter of the mole chaser I plan on digging a trench around the pool and filling it
it up with rock 40 inches deep The that will stop them !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.