"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I read about this product here and looked into it. Has anyone here recent experience with them? I've used the contact form and called. No response to the contact form and voice mail when I called. It looks perfect for my Mastertemp 400--which has already been taken out of service by a rats' next inside. However, I'm hesitant to purchase if they're no longer in business. I know I can get my money back from the bank but would rather not have to. I'd also like to rat proof the thing before I get it fixed. And my wife, who is in charge of aesthetics, approves of the look of the MK product.

Anyone bought lately?
Thanks.

It just looks like really expensive precut screen & some self tapping screws.
A trip to the hardware store for a roll of 1/4” hardware cloth/mesh, screws, & some snips would cost about $30.
You would get some new snips outta the deal & have some mesh left over for other things too which may be important if you have rats & have now closed up their previous home. They’ll be looking for a new place, like your a/c condenser.

Reactions: BowserB and Newdude
The MK product has some kind of border, which may by just folded over screen. In any case it's measured and cut in a way I couldn't do without taking the heater apart. In any case, it would be worth it to me. If I had a friend with a Mastertemp 400 case I could measure and make a template, I'd think differently, but I have a tons of leftover stuff from projects that worked and projects that didn't. I'm retired now, and while I might have the time, I just no longer have the enthusiasm for a project that, if it works, will save me $30 and leave me with another used-once-but-not-likely again tool. I appreciate the suggestion, and maybe someone else will read this and do it, saving themselves $30, or maybe they'll have the snips already and save more. For me, from the pictures I've seen, I'm happy for the guy to make a few bucks and save me a lot of time and probable aggravation! Maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow.

I purchased the kit for my heater after a mouse or rat issue. I emailed the email on the website to ask which one I should buy and got the one that worked for my heater. I recommend it unless you want to make your own. It was easy to put on and has been effective.

I too purchased one. They were decent quality and easy to install. A bit pricey, but worth the chase to find the stuff. Fit perfect.

Y’all have once again reminded me that not everyone has shed/shop full of miscellaneous junk - ahem.. useful items laying around 🤣 I seriously have all that stuff already!
If I were in TX I’d hook you up @BowserB 😁

Reactions: Newdude
I read about this product here and looked into it. Has anyone here recent experience with them? I've used the contact form and called. No response to the contact form and voice mail when I called. It looks perfect for my Mastertemp 400--which has already been taken out of service by a rats' next inside. However, I'm hesitant to purchase if they're no longer in business. I know I can get my money back from the bank but would rather not have to. I'd also like to rat proof the thing before I get it fixed. And my wife, who is in charge of aesthetics, approves of the look of the MK product.

Anyone bought lately?
Thanks.
Not lately; about a year ago now, but we purchase in bulk. We just placed the order on their website; never spoke to or emailed anyone. They came pretty fast and as described.

As has been mentioned, the "edges" are just clean folds. We were never under the illusion it was special. The kit isn't fancy or difficult to do DIY, but it's convenient and that's unquestionably the value. In our case, these are installed on clients homes and the labor/hrs to make vs simply install is a win-win for both parties. Our kits came with sheet metal screws too which is nice.

We do make an occasional modification sometimes which is easy to do with tin snips and lineman plyers.

Thanks, guys. I missed that email address before. Looked back and found it. Emailed my inquiry and got a reply overnight. Still in business. $60 for the Mastertemp plus $13 for shipping. I fully understand that someone handy could do it. I'm not as handy as I once was, and even then I messed up a lot. I can work a drill, however, and even at $73, the hours of measuring, cutting, throwing away mistakes, this still looks like a good value to me. I placed an order right after the MK guy (from his email domain name, it sounds like he's in the rebar business) replied that he is still in business.

When my Pentair Whisperflo froze in the big Texas Freeze in 2021, I paid $500 for replacement parts and labor. I spend money on this pool like it was a sailboat--which fortunately I haven't had for a long time. $73 to keep rats out of the heater? Chump change. I'll report back my experience with installation. I'm sure this will be cheap compared to the heater repair. I've seen enough Mastertemp stories here to know I'm not a pool heater repair person.

Reactions: kul
The installation is super easy. Took about 15-20 minutes once I got going. You pretty much just screw the little screws he provides directly into the areas that need covering and it’s a done deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.