missing lateral, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump

lbp

Apr 25, 2019
Goldsboro,NC
I purchased a Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 14-inch, 110-120V with GFCI from Amazon to upgrade from standard pump that came with 16' Summerwaves pool. After going through the set up process, I noticed quite a bit of sand in the pool. After reading about cracked laterals, I emptied all of the sand to realize that a lateral is missing (have 11 of 12). The laterals I do have are in tact and not cracked. Hub is not cracked either. I contacted Intex and filed a claim on Friday. I also went ahead an ordered a lateral off of their website not knowing how long the claim process would take. Today, when I called to check on status of claim and order, I find out Intex does not have any laterals in stock and do not know when they will get any in. I cannot find any other place to purchase one. I've Googled, checked Ebay, Craiglist, etc to no avail. I now have a pool that I cannot filter as the pump it came with died while I tried to vacuum the sand out. I've been running it in recirculate mode and shocked since we have had heavy rain for days. Hubby suggested finding a way to cap off the opening where the missing lateral goes, but not sure if it will effect pressure. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.