diane135130

May 22, 2020
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been taking care of my inground 24,000 k pool for three and a half years now. I've been doing a good job of keeping the chemicals balance and whenever I take my water in to be tested they always tell me it's perfect. However over the past couple of weeks I've had a covering of particles that sit on top of the water it's not so that you can't see through it they just float by and I've never figured out what they were but at night they look white however during the day you can't tell if there's a color to them or not. This morning I stuff my hand in the skimmer to come up with some of these particles to get a better look at them and they're moving so they are some kind of bug but you can barely discern the fact that they are live except for the little bit of movement that they have they're so tiny you cannot identify they're just like a little blackish brown spot that move around so I'm trying to determine what I need to do to get rid of these things. 20220414_051521.jpg

If you are talking about the bugs, they look like Springtails. They are a little hard to deal with but get them now before you get a full infestation.

Cyzmic CS with Nygard IGR will take care of them. If you want to start cheap just generic Bifin. Look for damp areas around your pool and thats where they probably live.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.