Minimum Water Level in an AGP

Zwrickers

Jun 21, 2019
Louisville KY
I have 2 weeks to wait for a replacement liner for this pool. Opened yesterday to a ripped liner and only 25% water (although it was winterized to 6" below skimmer). What should I do to keep this pool safe till then? I already covered the two rips with plastic tarp/trash bags so no water would get behind the liner. But I'm very worried about walls caving is with such low water. I have no idea how long it has been this low. Should I refill it to halfway?
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Ripped Liner.jpg
    Ripped Liner.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Ripper Liner 2.jpg
    Ripper Liner 2.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi - I'm not sure I understand. Since the current liner is ripped, I can't refill that high, and then in 2 weeks I'd have to drain it all out again once the new liner is in. I'm talking about what's the minimum water level needed for wall safety for the next 2 weeks while I wait. It's an old pool (2005) is pretty good shape, but it can get windy. Trying to avoid wall collapse or other horrors I don't even know about.

I cant tell from the picture - is it partially buried? I would be more worried if so, as the dirt would be working against you. If not, what you have should be plenty of water.

No need to run the pump or add more water - you are going to have to pump all of that water out anyway when the new liner comes in.

leave it as is until ready to do liner change, installer will pump out water and have it reset in a day. I do it all the time.
if youre worried about it turning green add a gallon of chlorine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.