Minimum pump rpm to turn Pentair IntelliChlor flow light green

Brian,

Thanks for the above info. I just wanted to make sure they did not rename Pool to be something else.

I suspect that they have the SWCG powered from the Aux5 relay (Cleaner) rather than the Pump/Filter relay like it should be.

Just to make sure that we are both on the same page... The IC40 has no lights at all, unless the Cleaner Circuit is on. Is that true?

And the schedules appear to work in the fact that things run at the scheduled times. Is that true?

I assume your neighbor's pool has an external SWCG Power Center. If you can, find out where it is getting its AC power. In theory if should come for the load side of the pump/filter relay. Normally, this relay is in the upper left of the cabinet. (But it does not have to be if the installer is an idiot...) It appears that if you follow the wires back from the Power Center, you will end up at the Aux 5 relay instead.

Does your neighbor have a booster pump or an IFCS?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks so much for the reply Jim!

My neighbor has an EasyTouch panel with ScreenLogic. I'm not sure if it has an external power supply for the SWCG. I'll check that later (mine is built into my ET panel). He does not have an IFCS. Instead, he has a vacuum operated cleaner that roams around on the bottom of the pool. I know that isn't considered a robot but I don't know the proper name. He has three pumps total. Two are dedicated for dual swim jets. The other pump runs the pool and spa.

I'm not sure now if the SWCG powers up with the Pool or Cleaner (Aux5) circuit. I've done so much screwing around with his panel trying to understand how it works I've forgotten. If I turn all the equipment off then just press the Pump/Filter button on the ET panel and the SWCG powers up, does that mean it's connected to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay? Sorry for the simple question but remember, I'm new to all this.

On a different note-
He's currently running his Pool circuit for 17 hours a day at 1,500rpm which produces no chlorine because of his low flow problem. Until his flow issue is addressed, I would instead run his Pool circuit at 2,500-3,000rpm so it both cleans and generates chlorine then I'd disable his Cleaner schedule. He has "free" solar for electricity so the higher pump speed isn't as big of an issue. Any thoughts on that?

Brian,

I agree.. In my mind, anytime you are running the pump you should be making chlorine.

If I turn all the equipment off then just press the Pump/Filter button on the ET panel and the SWCG powers up, does that mean it's connected to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay?

If the Pool or Spa Circuit is on, and the pump is off, the cell should have no lights at all. If you then push the "F" button, the Pump/Filter relay should close and the cell should light up. This is the way it should be wired...

If the Cleaner Circuit is on, and both the Pool and Spa Circuits are off, then I don't believe that pushing the "F" button will close the Pump/Filter relay.. That said, I have not tried it to find out for sure as it would be an odd set up. He could also have the Cleaner Circuit set up as a "Master Cleaner" in which it would turn on the main pool pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If the Pool or Spa Circuit is on, and the pump is off, the cell should have no lights at all. If you then push the "F" button, the Pump/Filter relay should close and the cell should light up. This is the way it should be wired...
OK, I'm confused now. I thought when the Pool or Spa circuit was "on" (either by pressing the button on the ET panel or through ET scheduling), the pump was on. If the pump isn't "on" when the Pool or Spa are on, what is on?

On my ET panel, if everything is off and I press the "F" button (Pump/Filter), the pump and SWCG turn on. If I press the "Cleaner" button (Aux2), the pump turns on but not the SWCG. The same thing happens with scheduled events.

Last edited:
On my ET panel, if everything is off and I press the "F" button (Pump/Filter), the pump and SWCG turn on. If I press the "Cleaner" button (Aux2), the pump turns on but not the SWCG. The same thing happens with scheduled events.

Brian,

You are correct... What you said in the quote above is exactly how the system should work. Not sure what I was thinking (or not thinking) :mrgreen:

Using what you said above, you should be able to tell if your neighbor's SWCG is wired to the pump/filter relay or not.

Sorry for the confusion...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.