Minding my CSI, but still scaling in SWG

Interesting thread. I abandoned my SWCG a few years ago for the same reason: constant need to de-scale the cell, and frequent need for cell replacement. Of course, my local Leslie's used that opportunity to sell me some purple Beau-Tec stuff which didn't work that well.

I may be looking at getting back into a SWCG soon, as chlorine maintenance is putting a damper on vacation ability.

In looking at your chemistry data, I see you keep your FC pretty high for a salt pool. Is there a reason for this, and would running your system less help out the scaling?

Dan, that FC of 9 is admittedly on the high side for me, too. I normally try for something in the 6-7 range (the pool is there now), but with the reduced scaling in the SWG cell after adding Borates, it appears I was now getting a little too much chlorine for what used to be a good SWG % setting. I've since it dialed back a few more % points. (y)

Reactions: DanF
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.