Might remove the Liquidator

Re: Liquidator removal help

Update.

I removed all the supplied valves and also the flow meter. I replaced the supplied flow control valve with a larger diameter flow control valve. I added 5 gallons of 12% to the LQ. My FC held after 24 hrs. This was an overcast 24hrs with a lower bathing load though. (My typical consumption to maintain FC is 3 gallons of 6% every other day.)

Usually we have all day direct sunlight and a very large bather load. Today has been hot and sunny with a normal bather load. If my FC holds tonight then I think its going to be alright. If not then I plan to remove my LQ and return to directly adding Chlorine to the pool every other day like I used to do. It worked quite well. I use my tablet chloinator when out of town.

I will let you know.

Update

Just as a reminder........... the standard LQ setup was unable to deliver an adequate flow to maintain my FC so I made a few modifications.

It has been a week since I removed the flow meter and replaced the flow control valve with a larger diameter version. All other valves have been discarded. I increased to 12% and run the pump 24/7. The pool and LQ are in all day direct sunlight. The LQ is covered. We typically have a very large bather load. When I used to manually add chlorine my pool would require 1.5gallons of 6%/day.

So far @ 7 days since my new configuration my FC is stable via the Liquidator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have to refill in the next few days. I plan to use a transfer pump to empty the LQ into the pool then I will give it a acid cleaning and fill it back up.

So far it looks like I will be keeping my LQ. Will keep everyone posted with any significant changes.

Dave, a couple of questions:

Are you keeping the chlorine level consistent in the LQ or are you filling it up and letting it run down? If the latter, do you notice a drop in your FC as the chlorine in the LQ runs down? How much?

How often are you planning on dumping the water in the LQ and doing an acid clean?

revstriker said:
Dave, a couple of questions:

Are you keeping the chlorine level consistent in the LQ or are you filling it up and letting it run down? If the latter, do you notice a drop in your FC as the chlorine in the LQ runs down? How much?

How often are you planning on dumping the water in the LQ and doing an acid clean?

One fill and letting it run down. Pretty consistent FC. Had to shock over the weekend....had 17 kids in and out all day!!!! I put in 5 gallons of 12% a week ago and its still got a good 6 inches left. I bet I will have to refill every 1.5 to 2 weeks. Will likely acid wash monthly.

Acid washed it July 4th. Reinstalled the flow meter. Best flow I can get is "3". Filled with 7.5 G of 12%. Seems to be holding my FC for the most part. Very little white stuff this time so far. I plan to keep it installed for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.