Micro hole in liner above water line

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
Hi guys,
It's been awhile. Hope all is well during these crazy times.
I found a micro hole in our liner above the water line. actually about the size of a pencil lead.
it seems thru and thru and i need advice. Liner is starting 3rd year and i guess the fix is a small patch. I still have all the scraps from the skimmer and steps, so i guess it's just a small circle patch?
Anybody have a glue recommendation? Any and all advice appreciated.
would be nice just to put a tiny bit of black pvc glue in the hole...... but I'm afraid the tear will enlarge...
Thanks everybody.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Boxer #100 vinyl adhesive works great.
Here is a link on how to use it. The only thing I've done differently is use 2 patches. The first one smaller than the second one. We used a brayer to roll it on to get rid of any bubbles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casey
I would definitely layer the patch and use the original liner if you have it. It'll help blend. Boxer glue or a pool glue specifically for vinyl pools is recommended. No need to actually fill it with anything.

thanks everybody ! glue ordered.

One more question....... the liner is Black on the back. since this is so close to the bead........ would anybody consider popping the liner loose here and patching from the back??
you would never see it and hole would be sealed. Think it would be tempting fate to mess with taking the liner loose and the hole going from -- to ----------------------------
or worse?

Update. PB came by and i was home. I asked about patching liner from the back, he said Absolutely !!
he used some Duct Tape as a handle on the front of the liner about 8 inches away to gently pull up some liner slack, popped the bead out, patched and popped liner back in. made a patch from my scrap liner where they cut the skimmers out when pool was built.
Invisible. Truly
And didn't charge me. What an example of an old school pro !!

Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.