Metal Pool Coping Loose

Aced63

Feb 13, 2023
New Jersey
Hi everyone! As a new pool owner, this forum has been invaluable- so thanks in advance for the advice.

I recently purchased a home with an in-ground pool. We had it inspected by a separate, pool-specific inspection company, and the only issue they brought up was the coping: it's loose on one side (see attached picture) It's an older pool with metal coping that's definitely seen better days.

I haven't seen much information about this type of coping- i'd like to at lease secure it, and possibly replace it (if possible- the pool has a brand new liner, which I understand would need to be replaced during a coping replacement)

Has anyone seen this type of coping, and any advice on how to proceed? Thanks!

coping2.PNG

coping1.PNG

Does the coping have a liner track in it? can't tell from the images. I am guessing it does. If it doesn't than you could replace the coping, but it will likely end up meaning you need to redo the patio/decking around the pool match the top of what ever coping you replace it with.

If you have a new liner, I would say live with it and start saving for when you need a new liner and plan for redoing the coping and anything else. I did that, ended up replacing all the skimmers, returns, plumbing, electrcical and the decking around the pool and most of the backyard. Scope creep. It started out as a liner replacement and replacing the coping!

• Wow
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.