Metal fibers in resurface

NVaughn

Silver Supporter
May 30, 2019
Atlanta
We recently, filled May 26th, had our pool resurfaced with a company that used Stonescape. We did all the start up correctly. When vacuuming we are finding dozens of sharp metal fibers. They are about the width of a hair and about 1/2” to 3/4” long. The ends are sharp! I’ve broken skin when emptying the Polaris. I’m concerned about someone stepping on one in the pool. I’ve tried online searching but can find no info. Anyone have any insight?

That's what it sounds like to me as well, a wire brush that is shedding. If you have brushed it with a wire brush, inspect the brush and toss it if the bristles are loose. If you do not have a wire brush contact the builder and let them know what is going on.

That's what it sounds like to me as well, a wire brush that is shedding. If you have brushed it with a wire brush, inspect the brush and toss it if the bristles are loose. If you do not have a wire brush contact the builder and let them know what is going on.
We are using a nylon brush as it’s a new surface. But, that is a good suggestion. I’ll inspect the brush to make sure it is indeed 100% nylon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.