Messed up my light and need options!

Apr 3, 2013
Well, I try to do things myself and about fifty percent of the time it goes awry. Here is my problem: Went to replace the bulb out of my hot tub because it was burned out. Turned off all electric to the spa and took the light out and apart to change the bulb. The bulb was stuck so like an idiot I tried and tried to remove it. It quickly broke in my hand, so then I tried to pull it out with pliers. Bottom Line, I have now ruined the bulb recepticle and there are no threads left to secure a new bulb. Here is my question. The bulb housing is water tight right? So do I have to replace the bulb at all or to be safe should I place a piece of wood in the socket and then epoxy to make water tight. Right now I don't have the hundreds of dollars to spead on a new light, so that is not an option. Anyone out there have a better solution?

Dave J.,
Thanks for your time. The light is to my hot tub and it is a Pentair underwater lighting fixture with a T-907583 part number. I will attempt to upload a picture ASAP. Thanks again, Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.