Mesh leaf cover while on vacation?

Iann

Aug 21, 2019
Houston, TX
Hello all,

I’m just about to head out on vacation and wondered if any knew if there was any reason why I wouldn’t want to put my mesh leaf cover on while I’m away (4 days)? It fits over the katch-a-kid net and is dark green in color.

I ask, as I know it will be 95+ here in Houston and wondered if anyone had experienced negative effect in the past putting a dark cover on during hot weather?

I’ve done all other prep for the vacation, just tentative on the dark green leaf cover while it is so warm and sunny.

Thanks in advance.

Are you concerned about the water getting too hot?

I can’t say for certain, but I think it actually would be more likely to cool it by providing shade. I know when we put ours on when we’re expecting a big storm or something, it lowers our FC usage measurably because of blocking some of the UV. Also because it’s mesh, it won’t trap heat underneath. I’m pretty sure that a couple of times in the spring we noticed the water warming much more with the cover off.

I assume you have trees around since you have the cover. I’d put it on because I’d be much more worried about a storm putting debris in the pool and clogging the skimmers and starving the pump.

There may be someone with more actual data or science, but I just thought I’d chime in with my thoughts based on our usage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.