Mesh bag removal

johnpkaiser

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone know how to remove the mesh bag from the quick connect collar?
it’s on a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Platinum model.

I am asking because I would like to reseat the bag on the collar. A small part of it is coming out and let’s a little bit of silt/dirt out when running.

Thanks

Attachments

• 525DE1FE-14DD-4DD9-9335-62485E3769FC.jpeg
    525DE1FE-14DD-4DD9-9335-62485E3769FC.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 16
Tome it does not look like that can be taken apart up there. The line looks like it is where the two pieces are bonded together. Can you take a pic where the bag is trying to come out. Someone may have some ideas.

Tome it does not look like that can be taken apart up there. The line looks like it is where the two pieces are bonded together. Can you take a pic where the bag is trying to come out. Someone may have some ideas.
Yes., I will get a better pic. There is a separation between the fixed part of the plastic and the collar that holds the bag. it does spin around but just doesn't seem to come off.

Update on this:
I spoke to Pentair. They claim you can take it apart and change out the bag as needed. They suggested I take it to my PB, who happens to be a Pentair warranty center, and they should be able to take it apart and re-seat the mesh bag.

I guess we will see what happens after I try this.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update on this:
I finally took the bag to the PB. They said the collar does not come off and suggested I order a new bag with the snap ring collar. So I did .

Now that I received it and replaced the assembly on my cleaner, I decided to take apart the old one . This way, if it broke I would still be able to run the cleaner with the new bag.

I am happy to report that the circular ring does pull off with a pair of needle nose pliers and then the mesh bag and rubber water guide that it holds can be re-seated and then the ring put back on.

so, now I have a spare bag...

sorry I didn’t take any pics .

so don’t be afraid to pull it apart gently.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.