Menard's Pool Shock On Sale

Thanks for sharing! I was going to head to Rural King and pay $2/gal for 10% like a chump! ;) Looks like my store might have even gotten some fresh stock in too.

OK, how do you tell the date code, I was told it was only on the boxes.

Thanks,

Gary R.

There were a few reports earlier this year that the individual jugs at Menards didn't have the date code on them but I have not found that to be the case. Every jug I have purchased had/has the date code on them as well as the case of 4. If there are no codes on the individual jugs then I know of no way to tell the age

Picked up 10 gallons last night, been waiting for it to go on sale as I was down to my last gallon. I hate how they are displaying at my store right now, it's individual bottles instead of 4 in a box. I asked for them to get me two boxes of it and the guy said "we never have it out in boxes." I said yes do, that's how I normally get it here. I was ticked off because of his attitude and basically saying I was lying. Oh well!!!!

This is an excellent deal. At Ocean Odd Lot, we pay $12.98 + Tax for 4 gallons of 128 oz. @ 12.5%. The boxes or the bottles are not labeled, but the bleach is very strong. In fact, the first few months after the shipment comes in, the concentration is probably higher (This is based on my testing). The manufacturer claims that the concentration is higher so once it reaches the store, the 12.5% is valid. I would love to pay $2 on sale.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Picked up 10 gallons last night, been waiting for it to go on sale as I was down to my last gallon. I hate how they are displaying at my store right now, it's individual bottles instead of 4 in a box. I asked for them to get me two boxes of it and the guy said "we never have it out in boxes." I said yes do, that's how I normally get it here. I was ticked off because of his attitude and basically saying I was lying. Oh well!!!!

I just checked the stock level at your store and it shows 693 in stock so there are definitely unopened cases somewhere around. There are 48 cases (192 gallons) per pallet so it is unlikely they have opened up almost 4 pallets of chlorine just to sell them individually.

At my store they usually have a large display of both individual gallon jugs and unopened cases in the main aisle near hardware as well as a pallet or two of unopened cases in the main aisle near the indoor lumber yard.

I find that if I ask mom and she says no, I go find dad and ask him and he will usually help or sometimes visa-versa :p

@griffths It's funny that even last time I bought it there it was in cases as well. I even said can you go get two cases off the pallet and he didn't want to. I've asked before and they will go get it but not this guy.....LOL He must of been new at our store, haven't seen him there before (made mental note to not ask him for help again).

I bet if I went back today, that display area would have individual bottles as well as cases...I just like the convenience of carrying a case vs. individual bottles, that's just my preference (right or wrong).

To add to why I want a case is because the bottles haven't been labeled with the date code, just the boxes but these bottles were labeled this time. Wonder why all of the sudden they started putting the date code on the bottles. Last year they weren't and even the 20 bottles I've used so far didn't have the date codes on them.

Strange, my store only had them in cases and for the first time was even ringing it up by the case. I had one case opened and the jug out and she ignored it and just keyed in a number and there it was. $7.08/case. Only way I could get it cheaper would be to buy it by the pallet straight from the manufacturer.

The one I go to has it both ways. BUT...the boxes had a date stamp of January 9, 2017 while the single jugs had a date stamp of June 21, 2017. I got the singles.

I find the employees at Menards even more clueless than those at Lowes or Home Depot in many of the departments. I'm not surprised one would argue a point that is demonstrably wrong. Especially in the political climate we live in these days.

I think I'm going to have to go buy some of though, even though I already have 16 gallons of 12.5% on hand. At $1.77 a gallon that's cheaper than even great value 8.25% and even if it degrades to that by the time I can use it all, I'll still save money.

I...and even if it degrades to that by the time I can use it all, I'll still save money.

Just a point of reference and YMMV as they say but I purchased liquid chlorine last year at Menards during their BOGO sale in May and didn't get around to using it all due to rehabbing my pool last year. It was dated 16072 or something along those lines. I don't know what its concentration was down to, but when I used it to open in May of this year it acted as I would have expected it to and did it's job of clearing up the pool using what I normally would expect to need.

It was bought very fresh and immediately stored in my basement (65-70 degrees) out of the sunlight so I am sure that helped it maintain its strength for the 12 months I had it.

Regards

Just a point of reference and YMMV as they say but I purchased liquid chlorine last year at Menards during their BOGO sale in May and didn't get around to using it all due to rehabbing my pool last year. It was dated 16072 or something along those lines. I don't know what its concentration was down to, but when I used it to open in May of this year it acted as I would have expected it to and did it's job of clearing up the pool using what I normally would expect to need.

It was bought very fresh and immediately stored in my basement (65-70 degrees) out of the sunlight so I am sure that helped it maintain its strength for the 12 months I had it.

Regards
Thanks! That's helpful to hear. The stuff I got was dated 17180, so it's pretty fresh. I got 3 boxes, so 12 gallons total. I may get more with that information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.