Menards pool shock B1G1 starting tomorrow

dw9000

Aug 17, 2014
NW Ohio
Menards pool shock B1G1 starting tomorrow May 17

• 12.5% strength
  • No settling on the bottom of the pool which creates stains
  • Liquid pool chlorinator is one of the best options to reduce cyanuric acid levels
  • For above or inground swimming pools
  • 1 gallon
  • Made in USA

2796950_main_CMYK.jpg

Did you actually see the ad that shows it as B1G1, or are you predicting?

For the last 5+ years, they've had one B1G1 at the end of April, which would have been 4/26-5/2 this year, but did not in fact happen, as they've been continuously renewing their "11% off everything sale". Then there has been a second one the week of the 4th, which this year would be 6/28-7/4. I'm personally not expecting to see that one either.

Neither the Menards website, nor any of the "ad preview" sites are showing next week's ad yet, so I'm curious where you saw it. That said, they do appear to be stocking up in my area, so it's certainly possible that they'll do it next week.

Did you actually see the ad that shows it as B1G1, or are you predicting?

For the last 5+ years, they've had one B1G1 at the end of April, which would have been 4/26-5/2 this year, but did not in fact happen, as they've been continuously renewing their "11% off everything sale". Then there has been a second one the week of the 4th, which this year would be 6/28-7/4. I'm personally not expecting to see that one either.

Neither the Menards website, nor any of the "ad preview" sites are showing next week's ad yet, so I'm curious where you saw it. That said, they do appear to be stocking up in my area, so it's certainly possible that they'll do it next week.
The stock pile of gals at my local Menards went from 300 to 1400. Memorial day is next Monday, I am 'predicting' a B1G1 on the pool shock starting May 25th. I did pick up 3 cases to get my pool open last Sunday, paid $3.55gal. They can't just keep running the 11% sale, week after week even in these virus times . I am 85% confident the B1G1 starts Sunday 5/25 but have no inside info

Fair enough. Yeah my local stock is up, from zero to about 700, other stores in the region are in the 300-900 range, most in the 500-725 range.

I had about 4 cases left over (since the summer weather was horrid last year), so that's what I used to startup my pool in late April, and then used the chlorine shortage and lack of April BOGO as excuses to finally pull the trigger on an SWG. :LOL: I do hope you're right, was just confirming whether you knew something I didn't. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am patiently awaiting this deal too!!!! I have been buying 1 case at a time waiting to stock up at b1g1. My local store has only been keeping about 100-200 in stock and I just looked and it seems they just got a shipment in of 1,300!!!!!! I hope this is to prep to the sale!!!!

I hope they don't ration it like toilet paper, meat and wipes....

As I recall, one year (2012?) they had a limit of three cases. Of course that's easy to get around by making multiple purchases but I would rather buy all I need at once and be done with it.

Reactions: jarcher89
Usually Menards will post the ad a few days ahead of time no? I would hate to wait and see if we do get the deal, and then not be able to at least get 11% off.

I think they usually post them on Saturday, so you would have 2 days to still get the 11%. My store just got a second shipment and most stores in the area are now in the mid-800s now, so it definitely looks like they're gearing up for it.

I just talked with "my guy (Manager)" at Menards in the hardware dept and he says no upcoming sale, just a continuation of 11%.

He is usually in the know but there is always hope that Uncle John will sneak in a surprise sale for his flock this Memorial Day.....

This information is worth what you and I both just paid for it so let's hope the stock counts are giving us the real story.

I just talked with "my guy (Manager)" at Menards in the hardware dept and he says no upcoming sale, just a continuation of 11%.

He is usually in the know but there is always hope that Uncle John will sneak in a surprise sale for his flock this Memorial Day.....

This information is worth what you and I both just paid for it so let's hope the stock counts are giving us the real story.

Well that isn't encouraging, maybe John will get a win in Charlotte and be in a giving mood. I am holding out for the sale and remember the date code on the box, something like 20100 would be produced on the 100th day of 2020,, and the fresher the better with this higher octane bleach.

I think that confirms there is no early-season BOGO, as we're now a month (and a holiday) past when it normally would be. My hunch is there won't be a midsummer one for the 4th either, but it's certainly possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.