Memphis area build

Setting the pool location and starting to dig today.
029771bcf83b2e31e147006c40bda09a.jpg
f0789ec04b236f323ab742fb720fbbf6.jpg
ea0e8f47a62f45f98812d182f9ff56ef.jpg
a90db746d291b4bd3aea02ec6d53b2f8.jpg
ea94dc80b8859f20a183f4639f20b9b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go to Jamie's pool build. Hers is almost ALL rock!

Now you have a job. Once the rebar is done you need to go measure everything....add about 6" for the gunite and plaster. Is ti deep enough, wide enough, long, enough, etc. NOW it is the time to fix it if needed.

Kim

Starting the rebar. The crew will return Monday. PB says shotcrete this week. Hard to believe the efficiency of these guys.

Efficiency is awesome! Looks like it's all coming together quickly. I'm excited for you!

Is the dark chunky stuff in the pool rock? Was it hard to get through?

The dark soil appears to be a clay type sail. So no rocks at all. The dig is easy for him since he is essentially enlarging the previous hole. The size will be 18'x36' with a 7'x12' tanning shelf on the house side of the pool. No unexpected findings at all, so far! My PB is the one operating the track hoe to dig. He is very hands on throughout the entire process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jamie, the boards (sheets of blandex) will have the rebar placed on the front of it. This will give the shotcrete a backing. The native soil had started to cave in and they had to dig the deep end walls back deeper. The boards will keep the wall depth at about 10" thick.
Kim, the benches will be the ladders. My goal was to keep the top edge of the pool as smooth and clean as possible. I had hoped to have a diving stone, but my kids insisted on re-using our diving board. It's only a few years old and has amazing spring to it. Another reason we are going with the depth in order to dive.

Jamie, the boards (sheets of blandex) will have the rebar placed on the front of it. This will give the shotcrete a backing. The native soil had started to cave in and they had to dig the deep end walls back deeper. The boards will keep the wall depth at about 10" thick.
Kim, the benches will be the ladders. My goal was to keep the top edge of the pool as smooth and clean as possible. I had hoped to have a diving stone, but my kids insisted on re-using our diving board. It's only a few years old and has amazing spring to it. Another reason we are going with the depth in order to dive.

Thanks for the backer board explanation. Will there be any voids between it and the native soil, or does that get filled in? Do the boards stay there or get removed? It's great to learn new things!

The area behind the boards will be filled in with soil. The boards will be removed after the shotcrete is applied. Here's a few pictures from today's progress. The tanning shelf is 6'x12' and will have three bubblers. The two main drains were put in today.
826ca8e673652aea6da1e8c8ec050dcc.jpg
f975b248afa6b688822c46228fdfc523.jpg
7dd1b658ab01e9d8933b019c10f491b9.jpg
2d1bb19c820dcd160f5417ce98a681fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exciting! It's looking like a pool! I bet you're glad to have the gunite in so you don't have to worry about walls collapsing, even with those boards that were in place. I've enjoyed the peace of mind gunite gives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.