kdahlgren249

May 17, 2022
Edmond, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Figured I would start a thread to help out others!

Iwas looking at the Aiper 1300 cause I think cordless still makes me nervous with power, and having to charge it up.

Put it in my cart to see about Memorial weekend discounts, and my Honey app on chrome put in "OFF20" and I just got 20% off, so the Aiper 1300, which is $679 is marked down $50 on their site, and I just bought it for $504!!

Hope this helps someone else, been wanting to jump and waiting on a discount to try, thought about dolphin but I wanted a longer warranty and cheaper price, worth the risk!

I was looking at Aiper’s Kickstarter on their cordless robot but I really don’t want to jump back into the robot world - too expensive and not repairable. However, since Aiper is the “new kid on the block” I’m interested to see how they do with customer service and product design/longevity. Maytronics is horrible on both counts so Aiper doesn’t have to do all the much to shine in that area.

Keeping an eye on it :suspect:

I was looking at Aiper’s Kickstarter on their cordless robot but I really don’t want to jump back into the robot world - too expensive and not repairable. However, since Aiper is the “new kid on the block” I’m interested to see how they do with customer service and product design/longevity. Maytronics is horrible on both counts so Aiper doesn’t have to do all the much to shine in that area.

Keeping an eye on it :suspect:
Felt like some others on here had good initial reviews for me to jump in. My pressure side Polaris was inherited from previous homeowners and likely needed to be replaced or repaired LONG ago. I didn’t want to chase my tail spending $200+ fixing up archaic equipment when I could get something better and new for $500. Was hesitating on the $700+ range but for this price it felt worth the risk.

Will follow up when I get it going!

Reactions: Newdude
Felt like some others on here had good initial reviews for me to jump in. My pressure side Polaris was inherited from previous homeowners and likely needed to be replaced or repaired LONG ago. I didn’t want to chase my tail spending $200+ fixing up archaic equipment when I could get something better and new for $500. Was hesitating on the $700+ range but for this price it felt worth the risk.

Will follow up when I get it going!

Hope it works out for you.

I originally started with a suction cleaner then switched to a Dolphin S300i. The S300i is a fine cleaner but the motor assembly died after 5 seasons and when I tried to repair it myself (I’m pretty handy) what I quickly realized is that they manufacture these robots to fail and they force you to either pay for an excessively expensive replacement motor assembly OR buy a new cleaner outright. They charge a huge price for motor assemblies, nearly 60% the cost of new robot, so it only makes financial sense to buy new. And that, in a nutshell, is their profit strategy - force the consumer to buy a new robot every 5+ years or so and keep repair parts out of the market so that repairing it yourself is a non-option. This keeps them with a locked in set of customers and makes the distributor channel happy because they don’t have to do complex repairs, just sell new robots or insert replacement modules (requires nothing more than a screwdriver). It’s a win-win for the manufacturer and distributors and a price-gouge for the consumer. Since that’s their business model, I decided a lower cost, easier to repair suction cleaner that does an equally sufficient job at cleaning my pool would make me happier.

I hope Aiper does better but I’m not holding my breath that they will …

Reactions: kdahlgren249
I got delivery of cordless seagull 1500. It charged right up and ran for 90 minutes got stuck once on a floor drain so I have contacted customer support for the modification kit. My pool is 18000 gal so that’s likely the upper end for this unit. Scrubbed walls and water line picked up things my pressure side cleaner never gets. So far I say thumbs up. Thanks for the OFF20 discount code. Saved me $$ using this with Ariel now no cord conflicts!

Had my 1300 in the pool over the weekend, definitely love the east plug and play setting and power. We don’t have a bottom drain so it’s nice to turnover the deep end too with this. I’m not sure it’s filters are as fine as I want, still seeing some dirt in areas that I think is escaping but will continue to watch.

I have contacted support 3 times because of floor drain snag. Got email yesterday modification item has shipped. Unit cleans pool well when not snagged on drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.