Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I have seen posters asking about scoop sizes, coffee cans, ect when measuring DE.
I thought when recharging my DE filter I would measure it in different weights.
The bucket is from a big box store, scale is from my brother and used to measure refrigerant, scale was zeroed out after adding bucket.
I realize it might not be 100% accurate, but its pretty darn close, and helpful if you do not have a scale to use.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I'm just coming back to this post because it's brilliant!! I've kind of broken this down a bit further, albeit non-scientifically. What I've gathered, the middle section of the bucket (~4-8") seems to correlate to 1" per pound of DE. Given that, I have a 48 sqft Pentair DE filter that requires 4.8 lbs of DE after a full cleaning, and ~4lbs after a backwash. I'm just going to mark the 4 lb addition at 5 1/2" like you have, then another mark above that at 6 5/16" which should put the weight of the DE around 4.8125 lbs. Definitely not scientific, but a pretty fair estimate I figure.

What I really like about the bucket is I can simply add water to create a slurry, then it is very easily added to the skimmer! Thanks again for posting this, great little trick!

Reactions: blazer58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.