LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, this wasn’t supposed to happen! Stinking pool stores marking stuff up!!!!

A few weeks ago we took my father-in-law to the pool store as we were gonna pick him up a basic T35 robot they had in stock. When we got there my FIL saw the demo model they had and asked about that one. Turns out it was the $350 more expensive T55i one. :-| Well my FIL is 85 and has had health problems for as long as I’ve known him. His speech is slurred and words often are hard to come by. He turned towards me and asked which one I’d suggest in which I suggested again I’d stick with the cheaper model. This was meant with a perfectly timed “shut-up boy” to me and a “we’ll take it” to the pool store. Clearly his mind was made up!

5AB92481-00D9-47E1-974B-BE154B00E4A1.jpg

Nice bot!!

So just for clarification, when I need you to do something, I should get your father in law on the phone ? :laughblue:

T55i = S300i Is that right?

I’m not really versed on the Maytronics setup, but to my knowledge it’s the same. It’s got the caddy, works with the App, and has the removable basket.

DBBBB024-D3C2-4061-A188-8ED0584E1BF1.jpg

I’m not sure about dust and such as most all around us are leaves and such. I do know it LOVES to pickup hair though as all the kids (there’s like 20 grandkids who use the pool frequently) seem to be constantly leaving hairballs everywhere.

View attachment 81640

I’m not sure about dust and such as most all around us are leaves and such. I do know it LOVES to pickup hair though as all the kids (there’s like 20 grandkids who use the pool frequently) seem to be constantly leaving hairballs everywhere.

Be sure to “finger-check” the impeller to make sure there isn’t hair clogging it up. The baskets are great but they can occasionally let stuff sneak by and fine hair is good at that. The good news is, if you do get some hair wound around the impeller, it’s really easy to access and clean - two screws and you can lift off the cover right above the pump.

What kind of warranty did you get?

Yes, I finger check the impeller each time and almost always find a bit of dog fur twisted on it which I can just grab off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.