Maytronics S200(Robotina) Maintenance 5 years.

Flying Tivo

TFP Guide
Jan 24, 2017
Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It sure does feel like yesterday. Robotina quit moving but i could hear the motor running so i figured it was time to replace wear parts. Which i had order about a year ago but had not changed. I will link to an older thread in which i did small maintenance(2022) mainly to assure there was no water ingress to the motor housing due to al the post about robots dyeing.

Lets get stared(lots of Pics)
Started the disassembly process for a full tear down, here are the replacement parts. Around $150.

IMG_5520.jpeg
Robotina itself
IMG_5521.jpeg

The wear and tear of 5 years.
IMG_5522.jpeg

Motor is out.

IMG_5523.jpeg
Wear on the main gear of the drive unit

IMG_5524.jpeg
The insides

IMG_5525.jpeg
Old and new front right main gear and bushings.

IMG_5526.jpeg

Front left main gear, old and new.
IMG_5527.jpeg
Front brush assembly old and new.

IMG_5529.jpeg

Continued on next post.

Attachments

• IMG_5528.jpeg
    IMG_5528.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: newdude
Continued,
Rear brush and wheels

IMG_5530.jpeg

Tracks old and new.

IMG_5531.jpeg
Rear Flapper old and new.

IMG_5532.jpeg
Bottom flaps

IMG_5533.jpeg
Now for the main attraction, the drive unit. So after 2 years no water ingress except??????:brickwall:

IMG_5534.jpeg

IMG_5535.jpeg
The silicone that was applied to the large O-ring of the drive unit worked very well.

IMG_5536.jpeg

And now(drum roll), after the 2022 maintenance the led light quit working like 24 hours after going
in the water. There was a very small leak from the Plastic window which is sealed with an o-ring.
But im very lucky because it was just like a drop itself which corroded the led and some of the
led board components(short).
IMG_5537.jpeg

I unscrewd the nut and the o-ring was very stiff and flattened, so i changed it and lubed it up.
Sent an email to Marina Pool and Spa to se if they have a spare from a dead robot.

IMG_5538.jpeg

As for the main drive motor there are small carbon dust which means the brushes are wearing.

IMG_5539.jpeg

Continued

Last edited:
Reactions: newdude
The main impeller motor had some slight corrosion on the outside on 2022 but i did not disassembled it that time.
So had to do it this time around. Removed the O-rings and lubed up with lots of silicone.
IMG_5541.jpeg

Main drive gear, old and new. Lots of wear.
IMG_5542.jpeg

Dont know if i ordered the wrong front wheel, but the cover would interfere with the 4 pegs so
i had to cut them with a hot knife. very easy.

IMG_5544.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

All finished up. Lets hope for another 5 year and remember my robot lives 24/7/365 in the water.

IMG_5546.jpeg

She's ALIVE!!!

IMG_5547.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5543.jpeg
    IMG_5543.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: pjt and newdude
most of the friction comes from the two pins connecting to the circular electrical connectors.
The purpose of adding silicone was to keep it dry, my last connector got chewed by the dog and also water entered the swivle and corroded the tracks and pin of the connector.