Silver Supporter
May 30, 2020
Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a Maytronics Quantum at the start of last season so it's only a few years old. But I'm noticing that the robot is struggling to climb the walls now and won't really leave the deep end. He just goes back and forth across the deep end and when it gets to a wall, it bumps into and turns around. When it does attempt to climb a wall, it only gets part way up and comes back down. Also, it doesn't run in a straight line to the shallow end. I cleaned the impeller and took out some tree needles and worm guts and it seemed to do a little better but not tremendously.

Here's the weird part. Once I got the gross worms and debris out of the bottom of the pool after initially taking the cover off, I switched from the spring filters to the ultra-fine accordion style filter to help with dirt and pollen. And I'm wondering if these filters are part of the problem. If I take the filter basket out completely and run it, it runs perfectly. All the way down to the shallow end, up the walls and into the waterline scrubbing. But when I put the basket back in with the ultra fine filters, it struggles. The filters are not old and I hose them down after every use but they are still brown. I even brought them inside and tried scrubbing them out but they didn't get any cleaner.

Could these filters be messing with the robots operation? I really don't want to spend $70 on a new set of filters already. I checked the brushes and the rubber treads and that all appears to be in good shape. I have a vinyl pool so I thought maybe it was too slippery for it to get traction so I've been brushing the walls like crazy but it doesn't seem to help.

My pentair warrior se looks very similar and is also 1.5 years old. It started doing to the exact things you stated … it wasn’t climbing walls all the way, wasn’t cleaning the whole pool, getting stuck in the deep or shallow end, etc. It finally stopped working after I did everything to clean it out and troubleshoot. I contacted Pentair and they are sending my a new motor assembly. It seems these robots have a high failure rate. I’m just lucky that mine was still under the 2 year warranty. I’m going to take my old motor apart when I receive the new one to see if I can figure out what went wrong. But in the future, I’m not going to leave my robot in the pool when not in use and always try to keep it clean and rinsed off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.