Las Vegas / NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Wanted to share that my pool cleaner, after merely 3 years, needed new wheel-ball bearings (they were missing balls and were visually weared out), and an overall cleaning.

Ended up needing to get into the motor to solve the issue. It seems the main impeller motor had so much ferrite magnet dust inside that it had difficulty moving. I'm not an expert, but the amount of dark dust was astonishing when opening the motor. I wanted to check whether the motor-ballbearings were the issue, but they seemed fine to me, when moving them individually, so ended up cleaning the dust out and just closing the motor back without doing anything else.

It works ok now just by opening and closing it back. We'll see for how long.

Because it did seem there was some wear in these metal components inside the motor, I'm guessing at some point I'll have to buy another one, or ask a friend if they want to tinker further.

Examples:

This guy gave me the courage to look inside the "black box":

1656888830994.png

That’s not dust from the ferrite magnet, it’s carbon from the carbon brushes. You’ll need to replace those brushes soon.

Look at my signature and my robot thread. Last three pages detail me taking apart the motor and rebuilding the water pump motor

Reactions: arielpool
That’s not dust from the ferrite magnet, it’s carbon from the carbon brushes. You’ll need to replace those brushes soon.

Look at my signature and my robot thread. Last three pages detail me taking apart the motor and rebuilding the water pump motor
Thank you. I just realized that I could've been more clear saying that i didn't exactly know what that dust was from. Will check that thread. Not sure what the carbon brushes are 🤠

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.