Maybelle the Dolphin Nautilus - I'm gonna miss her.

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
Welp,
After years of being worked to death, left in the water for months on end, subjected to large leaves, acorns, sticks, drownded worms and lizards, and a host of other unknown oddities and made to work in freezing cold water in the winter time, my poor ol
long in the tooth Dolphin Nautilus whom I named Maybelle finally gave up the ghost today. Shes finished. :(
Shes been my best friend for 7 years.

She been so good to me too. Always keep the pool spotless, cord never tangled and Ive raved about her at each opprotunity that presented itself. After all this time and hard work, she only complained once late last year, that her feet hurt. So I gave her a new set of climbing rings and tracks earlier in the spring, but even that couldn't keep her going. I sure am gonna miss the ol gal.
R.I.P.

I have a new cleaner being shipped out tomorrow from Marina Pool and Spa,
If the new one works only half as well I'll be happy, but there will never be another Maybelle.

:(:(:(

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. One day, when you’re ready to honor her memory, go get yourself a shelter robot that needs a good home.

These robots grow on ya rq. Sort of like an old barn cat that keeps the varmits away. They're never very friendly and keep to themselves, but you get used to them being around, ... and then the day comes when they arent, and just feel sad about it. <sniff sniff >

Awe, nice memory and name.

Mine is just called "Sucky". So impersonal, but we can't change it down. It's learned it's name already.
<

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.