Bryleemom0709

Sep 18, 2021
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok. My FC was 10.5 yesterday evening. Right now it is 7. I added more CYA this morning, so maybe not enough time for that to kick in. So here’s my question. For my current CYA level (I adjusted it to be 40 this morning) the chart says to keep FC between 6-8. Great, I’m at 7. I guess where I’m getting confused is, in order to keep it at 7, do I add more tonight, or wait until the FC drops?
I hope I’m making sense here. Basically I’m wondering if I want to keep it at 7, do I proactively add chlorine in order to raise it a bit tonight, knowing I’ll lose some tomorrow while I’m at work? Or do I wait and test again tomorrow night and adjust, since I’m right where I want to be tonight?

Add 3.5 ppm liquid chlorine today. Tomorrow when you test, you might be at 7 ppm again. Which means you need to add 3.5 ppm chlorine everyday for now.

Reactions: Bryleemom0709
Bry,

Your "target" is 7 to 8. That does not mean you have to stay between 7 and 8. It means you should try to keep your FC at your target or slightly higher. Trying to keep it between 7 and 8 is just too much effort. Having your FC a little high has no downside. You just want to make sure you never go too low.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Bryleemom0709
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.