May the fun begin - conversion of 15 yr Baquacil pool

Adding CYA. Should this be done a lb. At a time? Haven't tested for it since I haven't put any in. Poolmath shows I need to add 4lbs.
Don’t even test…..you’re at zero. Appears 4 pounds takes you to 35……so it’s safe all at once 👍

Adding CYA. Should this be done a lb. At a time? Haven't tested for it since I haven't put any in. Poolmath shows I need to add 4lbs.
Yeah what Lee just said.. usually you sneak up on it so you don't overshoot target, but you are starting from ground zero. So, since this is a new realm for you could add half, see how the levels come up and then add the other half the next day just to play with the testing to get yourself accustomed to it. I find whenever I add chems incrementally like this I learn a little bit about how my pool responds. For example, When I did that while adding salt bit by bit I found I had been over estimating the size of my pool.

Well done.. what a great journey! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

CYA is really hard to see under 30 so I would put the whole 4 pounds in at once and know it is in there.. test this weekend to make sure it is 30 or 40....

Reactions: magiteck
3 lbs of CYA added. Will dump the next pound in tonight but will need to get more. Currently FC is at 1 and CC is barely readable, I give it a .5 as there was hardly any color and disappeared after the first drop of R-0871.

Load up 1 more night to 15ppm? Sorry, will need to study some more I guess. 😔

Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What nightmares are made of. I had a ball of Crud white mold growing in there a couple years ago.

Pump to the new Hayward 65 DE plumbed but 930pm brought 45 degree temp. It will be finished and back up and running by sunset tomorrow 5/12.

Attachments

• 20210511_184524.jpg
    20210511_184524.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210511_184500.jpg
    20210511_184500.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 51
Only one little leak.... but I am pleased with the outcome. 12 psi after 6 lbs DE. Jets and slide all seem good pressure.

If the weather stays this way, it will be swimable in 3 weeks. Yeah, we have frost advisories again tonight in NW Ohio.

Attachments

• 20210512_214728.jpg
    20210512_214728.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 34
New DE is in. Need to let the glue set for a couple hours. Pump has been off for 24 hrs. Pool still crystal clear.
I hate to be the one to spoil such a beautiful glue job (and I hope I’m wrong), but it looks like a couple of the fittings on the pump to filter connection are shallow like DWV instead of Schedule 40 PVC?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.