Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I am installing a travertine paver deck on a dry set against travertine coping. What type of expansion joint materials do I need to install between the deck and coping? How much of a gap should there be? Any installation instructions would be great. Thanks.

The expansion joint should be 1/2" to 3/4" wide. Use foam backer rod to fill most of the space leaving about 1/2" of depth for a self leveling caulk. My PB uses Sikaflex another popular brand is deck-o-seal.

Reactions: chemillion
The expansion joint should be 1/2" to 3/4" wide. Use foam backer rod to fill most of the space leaving about 1/2" of depth for a self leveling caulk. My PB uses Sikaflex another popular brand is deck-o-seal.

I'm sort of leery about Silkaflex 5 ppm chlorine limitation. I could see a gust of wind blowing some shock into the joint and causing problems. From what I've heard if you exceed the 5ppm limit you may have to replace it next season.

Will Deck-O Seal better tolerate chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.